Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Tribute to Mothers...Happy Mother's Day!

A beautiful mother Bluebird bringing her babies dinner.


Of course...only the biggest baby can reach the top of this hole in the tree.

Mom successfully chases baby back down into the hole after feeding it.

Now it's time to fly off to get more food for her growing babies.

Whoops...baby popped back up...impatient for it's next meal!


Next Mother's Day story lights up my life...literally! haha

This mother...a little Carolina Wren...chose to build her nest inside my light meter.


She brings dinner to her very tiny tots.


Not very appealing at this young age are they? hee-hee


Mom is poised to fly off in search of their next meal. A mother's work is never done!


I hope you enjoyed this tale of two mothers...Happy Mother's Day!!!

9 comments:

NCmountainwoman said...

Great post. I did so enjoy your tale of two mothers. Looks as if Mother Bluebird will be finished with this group soon. That one looks ready to fledge any day now.

Lovely photos and a fine tribute to mothers of all sorts.

The Birdlady said...

Yes, Jan - I enjoyed it immensely! Beautiful.

Jotter Jan said...

Thanks Ladies and yes Mountainwoman they are definately ready to fledge. I'll be surprised if any are left tomorrow morning.

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Wonderful Mother's Day Tribute, Jan! These Mama's certainly to deserve recognition!

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

I love this post! Beautiful! I hope you enjoyed Mother's Day.

Jotter Jan said...

Thanks Brenda and Lin...glad you enjoyed my post. Yes...I had a very nice Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

Great for Mother's Day post. Loved it.

jalynn01 said...

Love your bluebirds and the wren makes me so sad...When I returned from my trip mine were hatched but dead and mom and pop were gone! I almost cried. I will have to watch yours grow up and fly away!!

Anora McGaha said...

These are brilliant!
Jan, do you sell photos so I could have a couple in my office? The bluebird ones are awesome!