Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Come Along to a Carolina Horse Show

This little girl looked like a real cowgirl even though it was her first show.


The nice looking horse below was a teenage boy's birthday present from his Grandmother.


Here is the boy and his horse...they won a lot of ribbons...wouldn't Grandma be proud!


These riders are all riding out of the same stable...a lot of ribbons won by this trio!


Couldn't resist snapping a portrait of this handsome horse.



The little girl from the first photo and her beloved friend. They won second place today!

Two English riders that looked nice sitting there...so I captured the moment.


The fellow below and his high stepping horse won this class for gaited horses.

This pretty little mare and her rider won some nice ribbons in spite of it being the mare's first show...including a blue ribbon!

What a dashing pair this horse and rider make...we need to send this picture to his Grandmother! BTW...they won that class!


Hope you enjoyed the Carolina horse show...a good time was had by all!


8 comments:

Nick S said...

wow I never knew you could get a man sitting on a horse to look so regal looking :-)

jalynn01 said...

You did a wonderful job of getting the horses and riders! The first picture with the little girl is so nice! And I also love the 3rd one with that handsome young man and the prancing horse he's sitting upon. Enjoyed todays post, Jan! Thanks for sharing.

Stacey Olson said...

They all look so prim and proper! beautiful post thanks for sharing

The Birdlady said...

Well, that was a real treat. My daughter did the hunter/jumper thing - still actually rides some, but 3 kids limit that!
I'm still sick over the Derby tragedy.

Jotter Jan said...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Helen...I was upset about the Derby too!

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Hi Jan! Your first shot looks like a statue, it's so perfect!!
My favorite is the 5th shot of the horse, it's BEAUTIFUL!!
I have always loved horses. My Mom used to tell me when I was a little girl, I wanted to get one and put it in the basement!

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Fantastic pictures!!! The horses are stunning.

Jotter Jan said...

Thanks girls...I use to show Morgans...I had a Morgan Stallion that I use to take in the Morgan park horse classes. I'm going to post a picture of him in the first class he won with the trainer riding him.