Saturday, May 3, 2008

Lady Sings the Blues

It was a morning that had this lady singing the blues!

It was my first time capturing a Blue Grosbeak...I was so excited!!!



Just too bad it was a little out of reach for my zoom lens.

This was in the same place I go to photograph my Bluebirds nesting in a dead tree.


Needless to say when I saw the Grosbeaks...I temporarily forgot the Bluebirds. haha

Not for long though...especially when I saw the male fly in to join the female.


Please forgive my BIF's...I'm not that good at them and my camera and lens are too heavy for this old girl.


Yes...and I'm too stubborn to use a tripod. haha


It's certainly rare for me to catch them together...so this really had me singing the blues!!!


Guess mother was doing a little nest keeping below.



The only thing that would have made this morning bluesier...would've been a Blue Bunting!!!

9 comments:

Stacey Olson said...

Beautiful photos, even if it was far away. Great capture.. thanks so much for sharing.. have a wonderful weekend.

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Wow! I've only seen a blue grosbeak twice in my life! How exciting!! I love all of your pictures.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Send that Blue Grosbeak my way when you're done with it!

Nick S said...

Good for you ! I still need to add that handsome fella to my life list :-)

jalynn01 said...

BLUE GROSBEAK!!!! You lucky dog!! I want to see one, but through your lens will have to do for now. I can't wait until those baby bluebirds emerge from the log. That will be cool. Great post Jan!

The Birdlady said...

You did what?!!! lol
The grosbeaks are very exciting! We don't ofetn see them. And the bluebirds are ALWAYS a thrill. Thanks. Very, very cool.

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

A blue grosbeak, INCREDIBLE!!!
WOW, that had to be sooo exciting!
Lucky you, Jan! And your Bluebirds are so neat to see them nesting in 'natural' surroundings.
Great captures!

bluebirder... said...

I remember my first Blue Grosser - what a heart-stopping moment. Lovely shots JJ!

Jotter Jan said...

Thanks everyone for the kind words!