Friday, June 1, 2007

The Stars of My Backyard Birds

Just thought you would like to see a few of my starring birds in my back yard bird drama. This guy I call Big Red...a Redheaded Woodpecker who bullies my Bluebirds when it comes to their meal worms! I allow him some just for the photo op...shame on me.
This is my handsome male Bluebird whom I appropriately call Little Boy Blue.

He and his mate are feeding their young at the moment...that's why I make sure I help by supplementing their diet with meal worms.

Here is Big Red swooping in for a landing before the Bluebirds get there...knowing I will allow him a few. I usually talk to them while they are eating and they don't seem to mind as long as I keep the worms coming! Well...time to shoo Big Red away...here comes Mr & Mrs Bluebird.

Now that is a handsome couple! I sure hope they remember to come back to the Western Hat Cafe when their babies fledge!!!


This is my beautiful Female Great Crested Flycatcher and I am fortunate to get any photos of her...she is as shy as she is beautiful.
I think it is only because of her curiosity and my persistence that I get any shots of her at all!
Oh my...here comes Big Red...he is so dramatic!

I think he must have a clue as to how handsome he is...cause he loves to pose for the camera.

Hope you enjoy my backyard stars as much as I do...they are certainly entertaining as well as beautiful!


Time for the curtain to fall...will bring you more drama at a later date.

No comments: