Saturday, May 26, 2007

Welcome To My Woodland Bird Sanctuary

Thought you would like to meet a few characters that share my little bird sanctuary in the woods.
This is my rowdy Redheaded Woodpecker...who doesn't always like to share!
He often bullies my Bluebirds and steals their meal worms.

As you can see he is jealously guarding his little cabin from the Bluebirds.


This is my handsome male Eastern Bluebird.

Although they look like Western Bluebirds...don't let the hat fool you...they are actually a pair of Eastern Bluebirds.

My sweet little Bluebird guarding the hat and his meal worms from the Redheaded bully.

Blue Boy looks on as Big Red gives him a look that says...don't even think about coming over here!!


As you can see my backyard birds provide me with ample photo ops and a lot of entertainment.

No comments: