Monday, January 21, 2008

My Winter Backyard Birds

Let me introduce you to my sweet little backyard birds. This icy little fellow is my Tufted Titmouse and it appears even his little beak needs a de-icer!!!


This is my sweet little Carolina Chickadee who is such a little optimist that he even finds something to sing about when Carolina is plagued with temps in the 20's!!!


Oh no...looks like my poor little Pine Warbler is stuck to the ice and can't seem to fly off! Only kidding...these are tough little birds.


And last but not least is my Dark Eyed Junco...and he ain't junk! He's a ground feeder and is quite surprised to find frozen ground and frozen decks in North Carolina!!!


Hope you enjoyed meeting my beautiful little backyard birds who brighten up my yard during the winter months. I invite you back to meet them again along with some of my other visitors.

1 comment:

jalynn01 said...

In the mid winter season everything is bland but your pine warbler really livens up the feeder. I love his bright yellow! And the chickadee looks just charming singing for his seeds. I love birds at the feeders in the winter when it snows! I can't believe you still have ice and snow!