Friday, January 25, 2008

Meet The Flock

Time to meet some more of my backyard birds. This is my little Pine Warbler...typical blond...can't figure out where that cat got to!!!


Now my sassy Carolina Wren says..." Who's afraid of the big bad cat...not me!!!! "

Meet the suet man...my Red-bellied Woodpecker...who lets me know with his loud call that I need to fill the empty suet holder!

This is my tailess Mockingbird who tries in vein to shake a tail feather. haha

I think the Downey Woodpecker is a cute little fellow and although he loves suet too...he quickly gives way to the Red-belly who is rather a bully.

Never without a cheerful little song is my White-throated Sparrow.

Come and meet one of my many Cardinals...he lives here with other male Cardinals who he shares bird seed with and they all get along fine until mating season. Go figure???

Finally...my tuff little Tufted Titmouse...who always gets his fair share of everything!


Thanks for stopping by...I know my fine flock of wintering birds enjoyed your visit. Just remember to bring along some bird seed or at least some suet with you next time!!!

1 comment:

jalynn01 said...

Love all your birdies. The pine warbler is hilarious on top of that cat. Almost looks like you colored him in...I'm not used to seeing yellow birds in the winter. And what's up with that mockingbird and no tail. How on earth does he fly?? poor little thing. Great shots Jan!