Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Autumn Surprise

I was driving down the road and saw a lovely Autumn scene which even included geese.


When I zoomed in a little I was surprised to see something in the foreground that definitely wasn't a goose...and kind of resembled a swan.


Imagine my excitement when I zoomed in even further and discovered it was a rare black swan!

WOW...a black swan...now that's a photo opp if I ever saw one!!!


I learned something else quite interesting when it began to flap its wings...


Their wings are white underneath!!!


What an exciting thing to see on a routine drive home!!!


The contrast between the black and white feathers is really something to behold!



So glad I had my camera along for the drive home on that crisp Autumn day!!!

2 comments:

jalynn01 said...

How exciting to see a beautiful fall scene and then an unusual bird. The black swan is quite stunning. Love the white feathers. Great capture!I'll bet you were happy to get the shots.

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Oh my gosh, that is one exciting discovery you got there. He's gorgeous!!! He really stood out in the croud. Never saw one of those before, glad you got him!